Healing Garden clients benefit from a community that extends much beyond fellow clients and our little staff.
- Our therapists bring expertise and loving care from many fields.
- Each client has honed our experience and judgment, which helps the next client who walks in our door.
- The medical community has made incredible advances in treatment for cancer patients. Yet medical staff still send patients to The Healing Garden to complement what they do.
- Trusted referral organizations help our clients and families in areas such as emotional support for children, financial issues, and hospice services.
- People from the community learn the lessons we teach clients in programs that are open to the public, such as Yoga, Building Resilience, Nutrition, or Garden Therapy. This support allows The Healing Garden to offer more to clients.
- Volunteers — from landscape architects, to event hosts, to office interns, to Board members — leverage and extend the work of the small staff.
- Donated items, such as Rock Art’s Guanyan mosaic, the flowers donated by Donelan's Super Market and delivered by volunteers every week, the quilts and shawls, and hundreds of other gifts, make life a little better for clients.
- And most of all, the Just 'Cause walkers and all the other donors who have supported us with dollars make possible the services, programs, and environment of The Healing Garden.
The Healing Garden needs to expand its community of supporters to continue serving a client base that has grown by 35% over the past two years. Please join this amazing community.
Sign up for a program, volunteer, or donate.